Popular Posts

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Did everyone get out to Pridefest this weekend?  I went to Pridefest in Milwaukee for the first time and I brought my daughter.  It was awesome, mind opening, educational, inspiring and simply fun.  I'm so happy I brought my daughter.  She will be next month.  Sometimes you wonder if what your teaching your kids is actually getting through their heads.  I believe that teaching my daughter acceptance, respect and love got through her pretty little head.  She was very mature, took time to stop and learn about different organizations, events and happenings in the gay community.  There was a booth for 24 year olds and under that offered games, prizes and education.  My daughter looked a little shy but paid attention.  She also donated some of her own money to the organizations that seemed to resonate with her. 

I was inspired by the people who embrace who they are and who they want to be.  Seeing anyone, in any community, that has the courage to be who they truly are in spite of any negativing that comes their way is inspiring.  I have a deep respect and love for anyone like this.  I saw a sign that said "Born This Way" and that stuck in my head.  I wonder how any of us who weren't born gay could possibly judge them or tell them they weren't born that way.  When a child is born with a birth mark, certain hair color or a talent for art or mechanics we don't try to tell them they weren't born that way so why do so many do it to anyone who was born gay?

Attending Pridefest only made me want to be more supportive of the gay community.  I will always do what I can do to support them, their rights, their children, their existence.




I saw on the news today that a Texas father found a man on his far trying to molest his 4 year old daughter and he beat him to death. As of the time of me writing this there were no charges filed and he wasn't arrested.  I say God bless him!!!  This man is a hero.  What parent wouldn't take down anyone who tried to molest their child? I know he didn't purposely kiss the bad guy however, the fact that he did probably saved other children.  I think the molester got off too easy.  He should have been beaten to near death then put in prison for life and all the prisoners told what he did.  This man gave that child a life sentence.

A friend of mine told me that civil rights groups are saying the molester's civil rights were violated and the father should be arrested and prosecuted.  REALLY?!?!?!?  The molester violates the rights of an innocent child and give her trauma that she will have to learn to deal with for the rest of her life and some cold hearted group that apparently has no regard to what was done to the child is going to stand up for the bad guy???  This is appalling.  How can they call themselves a civil rights group when they ignore the rights of the victim?

I'm not a supporter of killing people for no reason however, there are exceptions to every rule and when it comes to sexually assaulting a child, I have no problem with the bad guys being killed.  I have children in the world and if I caught anyone sexually assaulting the, I wouldn't hesitate to beat them either.

Way to go dad!!!  You will always be a hero to me.

http://www.sheknows.com/parenting/articles/963002/dad-killed-daughters-molester-may-not-be-charged



I've been visiting Cleveland, OH since Monday and I must say, I absolutely love this city.  The people are wonderful, the food is great and I had a great time.  This was a dual purpose trip.  Of course, I was visiting and meeting fans and the second purpose was to get rid of my fear of road trips.  Since I totaled my van back in November 2011, I have been avoiding road trips.  About a month and a half ago or so I took the trip to Cleveland with a friend.  He did most of the driving and even though I was anxious, it wasn' bad.  This time I tried to drive myself and I'm proud I did well.  I did feel some anxiety however, it wasn't bad.  After I arrived, I felt like I kick the ass of something that has been controlling me and holding me back.  One of my biggest motivators is some trips I have planned with my kids and family and I didn't want to cancel them or miss out because I was too anxious to drive a long distance.  I'm driving home today and I'm ready for the trip!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment