Popular Posts

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Oak Creek Sikh Shooting

As I'm sure we're all aware, there was a horrible shooting at the Sikh Temple in Oak Creek, WI.  For me, this is way to close to home as I live in Oak Creek.  There isn't a place you can go in town and not hear about this or see things that remind you of this horrible tragedy.  The Sikh Temple had hundreds of members and they were about to start their service when Wade Michael Page shot and killed 6 people.  He, at one point, shot himself after other interactions with people.  From what I gather, he was a white supremacist, even having a tattoo on his arm supporting white supremacy.  His step mother was interviewed and she claims he has a normal childhood and had friends from different races. 

I really don't want this to turn into a gun issue here.  Although Wade's gun, a 9mm, was bought legally, no amount of gun control would have stopped anyone sick enough to do this.  If you removed all the guns in the US, the sick, bad people will either find a way to get them illegally or use other weapons.  Gun control isn't the issue.  Wade was an army veteran, could his experience in the army caused him some issues that went untreated?  I really don't know however, it's something to look into and possibly learn from.

http://www.todaystmj4.com/

Let's all pray for the victims and their families and even Wade's family and loved ones.  This is going to be hard on lot of innocent people.  Let's also pray for the Oak Creek police who did a wonderful job and the organizations such as the Salvation Army and Red Cross, who not only responded very quickly but were very accommodating to the needs of the people within their culture and beliefs.  The FBI is on this case and the president issued a statement.  Regular  people from the community cam out to show support and do whatever they could. The pride and love I feel for my community for coming out and banding totterer to help brings tears to my eyes. 



On a lighter note, I'm working on getting my ass to Hammond, IN August 13 and 14.  This isn't a place where I would think to visit however, I have had a ton of requests from fans out there to visit, so I am.  I have driven through Indiana but have never stayed there for any reason.  I'm really looking forward to meeting my fans out there.


I'm working with Slut Walk Milwaukee this year and I have to say, we have some pretty incredible people working on it this year.  I will be posting when our fund raisers will be set in stone.  I plan on being at everyone I can.  I love the cause and the opportunity to meet incredible people.  I would love to see my fans at our fundraisers!!!

Stay safe everyone and God Bless!!
Becca Blossoms

1 comment:

  1. Hey Becca,

    Thank you for the thoughtful note. Don't want to make this into a gun control issue, even if we take away all guns away...there will still be some people dead..........but far far lesser than what we have today. In UK for e.g. where gun control exists, they have about 20 people dying from guns ...v/s us having about 12000. The only difference is the gun law. It is wrong to argue that if there are no guns people will find bombs......do you really need weapons to kill? aren't bare hands enough to kill someone? yes they are - but the instances / number of death's would be far far less. Bombs etc are difficult to procure / make......sick perverts like Page and Holms would find it difficult to lay their hands on them. At the least, stringent gun control would reduce some 300 odd child deaths which happen accidentally in homes today. these are little children, think guns are toys and ......breals my heart when that happens, feel like crying

    don't want to make this a gun debate...it is what it is....

    Big fan of yours, even more so after that wonderful thoughtful note....appreciate the effort. You are awesome

    ReplyDelete